Friday, June 6, 2014

Home Again, Home Again...


     I feel like I just went on a Flat Stanley adventure…mailed myself off to a friend’s house in Norway (transatlantic flights are definitely akin to being a little squished for 7+ hours – from my house anyway). What a lovely break, adventure, time to relax and hang out with my wonderful friend Bente and her family.  And now I have three lovely boys to write to (might be using Google Translation – lol) & send fun Canadian things. I have to compliment Elias (age 11) on his incredible English and thank all the boys for teaching me some Norwegian (cheese being my very favourite word!). I think one of the things I loved to do most was wandering through the grocery store - drooling over the chocolate and loving all the different products/packaging. It never got old - I'm just unique that way.




Another bonus to going away (besides the awesome travel itself) and then coming back (besides being picked up at the airport by my husband, hugs and kisses from my wonderful family, and a sweet boy who said, “wuv you too” for the first time to me) is that there is a little stack of mail waiting just for me! It’s kind of fun when it piles up – a sweet birth announcement for a beautiful boy, a silly letter from one of my nieces, a fantastic ‘old school’ note from a friend and a few other fun pieces. Let's all go "old school" and send out some notes to our friends!


And now I look forward to writing many cards of thanks for my hosts and for the people who took care of my kids and husband while I was away. Feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life who love my kids as much as I do! What are your best ideas for sending Canadian items to my three new Norwegian friends (age 11, 8 & 6)? Leave me a comment.

773/1000 Adding two to the mix.

No comments: