Monday, December 6, 2010

And They're Off!

Today...I sent out the Christmas cards! What a great feeling that my little creation (in more ways than one -you'll see) will be making its way near and far to loved ones, friends, and family. A little sweetness in their mailboxes to remind them of times spent with us, whether it was yesterday or years ago, mail is a lovely reminder of so many things. It was a busy day at my local post office and in various comings and goings I saw someone sending a special little girl boots and another sending out a stack of Christmas cards and still another ready with a brown paper wrapped package ready to go (I can only wonder at the goodies inside).

The last time I was in, I overheard a customer say to one of my mail ladies that it was so busy and she replied, "I love this time of year." Perfect!

Adding an amazing number to my count - here are the stats! 69 new pieces of mail - in one day!

Delta: 18, Surrey: 19, White Rock: 1, Langley: 4, Richmond: 3, Burnaby: 1, Vancouver: 4, Chilliwack: 1, Kelowna: 1, Osoyoos: 1

Northwest Territories: 1, Alberta: 1, Manitoba: 1, Ontario: 4, PEI: 1

New York: 1, Michigan: 1, Washington: 1, Iowa: 1

Germany: 1, Norway: 1, South Korea: 1, U.K.: 1

233/1000 oh yea!

No comments: