Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Today's Forecast: Crazy Busy

We're getting close to the big day now and you know if you've been out there at the mall or just the mall parking lot - it is crazy busy. Which often means people are sharing anger, frustration, and impatience instead of love, joy and peace. It's easy to get caught up in the negativity of the season. Sooo...next time you get a grumpy sales clerk (who spends all day at the mall for very little pay) or get stuck behind those slow mall walkers (meanderers, wanderers...you know the ones) or someone takes "your" spot - try to let it go and remember what this hustle and bustle is all about.

And when you do encounter someone who absolutely made your day or went out of their way to give you a hand - say thanks, Merry Christmas, buy them a coffee, or if it is a clerk (maybe write up a compliment card). I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my local grocery store has them right at the front and even a desk to fill them out at with drop slot included. I filled one out for a lovely cashier but waited till I got home and had a moment to think(then dropped it in the mail - surprise, surprise right?) Also, my mail carrier received a card with a coffee on me - he does work hard and it's a simple thing. What I love is that he wouldn't have been expecting it.

Thanks to all of you for the mail that make my trip to the mailbox a happy journey.


Adding three to the mix: Surrey x 2, Norway x1

236/1000

No comments: