Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thankful

     It's been a really eclectic mail week - stickers, thank you notes, quarters (for a young collector), post cards! It kind of fits the mood around here - little bit of this, little bit of that. We seem to be experiencing some summer days and some fall days - never know what to expect so trying to enjoy it all by getting out but also doing some crafty things too. I've even given good ol' Christmas a few moments of my time lately, although perhaps I should be focusing on Halloween (my daughter would like to be a robot - time to start building). Scattered I guess but in a good way.


     Thanksgiving (for us Canadians) is just around the corner. I've seen the usual Thanksgiving cards in the store which kind of makes me laugh - is it really a card sending holiday (I know, from me right?). But when you think about it perhaps Thanksgiving is the perfect card sending holiday. Maybe, more so than a lot of others. A good time to stop and think and perhaps count your blessings. And send off some thank you notes, some encouragement, some words of wisdom/advice and love to the people who make a difference in your life. Or those who need someone to make a difference in their lives. I'm sending out a few this year but I've also taken the change in seasons as a time to be more thankful and to let people know how important they are to me, to not keep compliments to myself (I'm always telling my husband "Oh, so and so looked so good today" and he inevitably says, "Did you tell them?" Okay, I'm sure I'm not the only person who does this), and to be a helper (a role I find myself filling a lot lately that seems to make sense to me).

Go out there and do good and be thankful!

Oh and I picked up the new Superman stamps! Yes, Canada Post has Superman stamps!

432/1000  as I add 8 to the rising count!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm really just fishing for compliments about how good I looked