Friday, October 11, 2013

Summer Makes a Cameo

   If you are looking to send out some personal and fun mail try this...I just had one of my favourite summer pictures printed onto postcards (via vistaprint) and added a great little quotation. Going to send some out this week and save some for gifts too (I love homemade gifts). This is the second time I've done this - through vp you have to order 100 at a time but it's a pretty cool thing to do (you just have to narrow it down and I like to wait for a sale). So if you have a favourite photo - give it a go (via your local print company or wherever works for you) and send something unique and personal out into the world.

A mug of tea on a beautiful morning in Garden Bay.

     Speaking of sending things out into the world, I was at my local Michaels Craft store and they had a flyer by the exit "Michaels Operation Christmas Card." You can bring handmade and filled out cards to Michaels locations and they will send them to American and Canadian soldiers. What a great thing to do with your own children or a classroom of students (teachable moment). Here are the deets, "Cards must be handmade and include a heart-felt handwritten message. Glitter of any kind should not be used. Include envelopes which should remain unsealed. Please do not include photos or phone numbers." You can find more info here. Mail for good - love it!

      I also have to send a little thankfulness out to my Post Office ladies - one of whom saved me over $10 on a package this week by making a suggestion and helping me re-pack and re-tape it. They are both the best!

442/1000 Sending out some of my fav photo postcards, a special package for a very special mama-to-be, and a couple of other things - count is up by 10!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family this weekend. Hope you have time to spend with your loved ones.



No comments: