Sunday, December 8, 2013

'Tis the Season...

...of busy-ness? It can be. And that can be a big part of the fun sometimes - all the hustle and bustle. But like many of you I sometimes wish for the occasional quiet moment (this is hard with a toddler and a preschooler in the house). So I've been carving out some little moments here and there of quiet,  peace, and Christmas.

I've been sitting down every night to write a few Christmas cards and it is so lovely to think about each person or family that I'm writing to - each card is a walk down memory lane (from recently to years ago). I think I forget this each year and when I sit down to write cards it is such a gift! It reminds me of how blessed I am to have the friends and family that I do. We received our first three Christmas cards in the mail on Friday and it just warmed my heart (they filled up my mailbox and I was excited to get home and share them with our family). Thank you Shelley, Patti and Jeff. Our very first card was hand delivered and that is quite lovely too. Thank you Harmony.

My Christmas Card Mess-Making Station.
And those puffs keep popping up everywhere!

I realize that there are lots of people out there who won't receive any Christmas cards this year, people who are alone or lonely or who don't have a fixed address. It is heartbreaking. There are a lot of programs that bring people together and give in times of need and cold and trouble. But it can also be easy to walk by and not notice when we are so caught up in our own lives and our own "stuff." You may not be a Christmas-card-mail-sending-kind-of-person like I am but I do hope that you will take a chance to lighten the load of someone in your life or a stranger. That you will love as the season dictates. That you will say to the, often, unseen "I see you, you are known." Think about carrying around a few coffee gift cards, warm socks or food items you can share with someone out in the cold who doesn't have a place to call home (and more if you are able). My Christmas wish...love your friends, your family and your neighbours (we all call this planet home - so that's everyone right?).

Simply love people this week as much as you can. See how it makes you feel...

620/1000 Adding a big 56 to the count - lots of Christmas cards but a few other things too - hooray!

P.S. Congratulations to the 2013 Canadian Weblog Award Winners! So lovely to be nominated and in such good company for the ride.

No comments: