Monday, December 16, 2013

Tea Time

My December calendar always starts out slow and then BAM...it is packed. I love this time of year for all the time I get to spend with others. I know it can get crazy trying to get it all in, see the people you want to see, and host the get togethers you want to host. We seem to get a lot of dinner invites this month that vie for precious spots on the calendar and we like to have people over too (just feels like Christmas). 

But I'd like to offer up an alternate idea or two...have some people over for breakfast/brunch/lunch instead of dinner. Or have people over for dessert (and maybe add in some board games or a Christmas movie). Or maybe just appetizers (everyone brings their favourite one - they are all my favourite, I could eat only appetizers for meals and I'd be happy).  Or have a gift wrapping party, go bowling, see a movie...start some new traditions (that will energize you, instead of make you feel rushed/stressed/ busy).

I recently hosted a tea party for a great group of girls/writers (we've done dinners and brunches in the past) and it was really quite lovely.  We had just as much fun as always and it was something different. Actually, it may have been our best get together yet . We did a gift exchange for the first time. It had to be under $5. and it had to Inspire Creativity - it turned out quite well. New traditions...

Oh the fun you can have beyond dinner parties. Perhaps a Christmas card or letter writing night would tickle your fancy...I'm always down for a little mail time. And if Christmas cards aren't in your immediate future...there are always New Year's Cards!


638/1000 - Eighteen added to the tally.

No comments: