Sunday, January 5, 2014

Today There Are Many Possibilities

We really enjoyed Christmas with lots of visits and time with family and friends. There was even some snow in December (and that doesn't always happen here on the west coast).

Snow Angel!

Out with the old...that is what we have been up to at our house - purging, cleaning, organizing and then doing it again. Still a few areas I'd like to tackle but pretty happy with how we did. The clutter tends to weigh on me and I don't always notice or realize it for a while and then suddenly creativity stifled, inspiration impossible...only stuff in the way. So feeling good about a clean desk again (and closet!). It's funny how turning a piece of furniture a different way gives one a whole new perspective on a room. I know I wasn't the only one doing this...good for you (if you did it too).

It's a brand new year - fresh and full of possibilities! Is this the year I finish my thousand paper letter challenge? I certainly feel close. Is this the year I write a book and get it published? Maybe. Is this the year I open my own stationery store? Oh that would be a dream. So full of potential...I love a new year and 2014 certainly has a nice ring to it.

I've been writing and sending since my last post (December 16) so I have some good numbers to add to my count - cards, postcards, photos, and gifts have gone and are going out in the mail! I love looking through a pile of cards/letters/postcards ready to go - makes me feel happy.

657/1000 with 19 glorious pieces of mail.

I've finally had the wherewithal to notice the name tag on a really nice fellow that works at my local grocery store, so it is on my list to send his manager a letter to compliment his great and consistent customer service (does this make you think of anyone you could do the same for - so easy! I'm challenging you all to write a note/thank you/letter about someone who is really good at their job - tell the boss!). I'd love to know if you do it.


No comments: