Friday, January 24, 2014

Thinking Outside of the (Mail)Box

I love mail. I love paper. I love lists. I love sticky notes. I love little notes.

And there are so many ways to share a few words with someone without needing a stamp or an envelope. At the end of November I went away for the weekend (without kids, without husband) but before I went, I left my hubby a number of sticky note reminders and other notes around the house. You know...things to remember about the kids, dinner possibilities, and other general messages but I also left one on the bed that said, "Enjoy having the whole bed to yourself" and one on the bathroom mirror that said, "I love you." It's been about two months since then and guess what...


it is a little wrinkled but it is still kicking around in the bathroom and that just makes me smile (with my whole face). It was fun to put them around the house and think about where my guy would see them and be surprised.

In other noteworthy news (and you just know that pun was intended) just this week I registered my girl for Kindergarten! That means packing a lunch and a backpack - oh perfect for little notes or pictures at least until we get the reading thing down! I really hope she loves school! I look forward to sharing in her adventures and sending her off with love!  I don't send notes with my hubby normally but we do send him mail and emails throughout his week (he doesn't have a lunch bag because he just takes a homemade or leftover meal from the freezer and a fork - although I have been known to tuck something in his bag or pocket). I also try to pop in during candy gram time (Christmas/Valentine's Day) and send one to his classroom (he has his Christmas one up on the fridge right now).

Now I was lucky enough to receive a little letter out of the mailbox last week! It was just lovely.


This typewriter sits on the hutch in our dining room. How nice to come home to this note from my beautiful sister-in-law! Opportunities are out there just waiting for you to seize them and spread some love. Lunch box notes, fridge notes (sticky notes, magnetic poetry), bus stops, doors (outside/inside), cubicles, pockets, bags/purses,  bathroom mirrors/shower doors (you can even write in soap and it will show up when it gets steamy), in a library book you are returning (just for fun)...a note by nature is just a few words but wow, what a few words can mean! Getting any ideas yet? I hope so!

680/1000 Four pieces dropped in the mailbox...

2 comments:

ryan said...

I don't even pack a fork. Just a frozen rectangle. I loved the "Enjoy the whole bed to yourself" note - that one made me smile the most.

jenna said...

leave a note in the library book you are returning!?!
that is awesome, you are so creative!