Sunday, January 19, 2014

Some People Care Too Much...


"Some people care too much, I think it's called love."
                                                                - Winnie the Pooh

What a sweet and wise bear.

I've been thinking about February 14th this week - scouring my house for supplies to make Valentines. I think I have it all figured out for this year...think Venn diagram. Fun!  Piper picked out hers at the grocery store the other day - Toy Story (making her Disney Mama proud). We were looking at the designs and she couldn't wait to tell me all about the different characters. This is going to be a fun year. And if you are dreading this upcoming day on the calendar I encourage you to look at my
previous posts about the good ol' 14th of Feb.
Valentine's Posts: 2013, 2011, 2010.

My daughter does have a penchant for wrapping things (mostly in my clean kitchen tea towels) and making cards (hmmmm....wonder where she gets it). This weekend she went to a birthday party for her friend Andy and this is the card she made (my husband jotted down her translation). This awesome photo was taken by Andy's Mom, Candice of Candice Wong Photography.

So Sweet!
She had a great time at the art party and also painted her entire face green (just like last year). I want to say...Creative Genius? She makes me laugh so often and I just burst with love for her too. She received some mail of her own last week and there were five great questions for her to answer...

1. If you had one super power what would it be?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. If your parents let you paint the house, what colour would you paint it?
4. What is your favourite season? Summer, spring, winter or fall?
5. If you could give your Mom one gift, what would it be?

Okay, first of all, I love that she is getting her own mail. And beyond the excitement, the time listening to me read it and the heartfelt message from one of her fun Aunties, it leads to a conversation for us to have about those questions...she has to really think and I learn a few things too.

Her Answers:
1. Love. To make everyone love their friends.
2. An apple or two.
3. Maybe pink, because it is my favourite colour.
4. Spring, because that is when we get to have cold ice cream and chill down 
from the sun (okay, so we might need to work on our seasons).
5. Something special.

Send some little people in your life mail - you won't regret it! It will mean more than you think it will. Heck, use the questions above to start a dialogue or send them a Valentine or a knock, knock joke! And if you are lucky...they will send something back to you (and something magical will have started).


676/1000 Up by 5!

No comments: