Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lollipop Tree

I went journal and card shopping this week...have I told you that I love paper? I picked up a lovely package of blank cards with a lollipop tree design on the front (shades of pink) and come with the brightest pink envelopes. Lollipop Tree! They just make me so happy! Imagine walking to your mailbox and upon opening it you find the brightest of bright envelopes with a special note from a friend - it is so simple (almost effortless) and the joy it can bring it priceless!

How lovely!

Now a couple of weeks ago I received a super silly postcard from my 13 year old niece. I sat down and wrote her something equally silly back - it was a lot of fun. I'm including her original postcard so she can see what I'm responding to in case she forgot her questions. We'll have to see what happens with this! Here is a peek at what she sent me (and you know she's getting a lollipop card back).

So fun!

I think she needed to do some writing so her Mom gave her the option of writing a letter to someone. Glad she had fun with it and chose me! Writing letters is so great for kids - it is a great way to create a social bond beyond social media, practice writing for an audience, work on penmanship, and clearly there was a little creativity going on here! Fantastic. And you know what...there was no stamp but it was delivered to my mailbox anyway - thank you Canada Post! I'll be sending out a few other letters this week but my favourite might just be the card I'm sending to my niece. Have a few moments - get silly or thankful (always nice to send a little card of thanks or encouragement to a friend).

763/1000 I think I sent some more out but lost track - Eep! So adding three to the count.

2 comments:

jenna said...

well she's got the silliness down... now to work on the penmanship! (I can say that, I'm the nieces mom!)

Erin said...

Haha Jenna :)