Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Random Drop Off...

One of my favourite movies has a great line in it to help the guy get the girl, "An unexpected gift, at an unexpected time." He does get the girl. I'll send you something fun in the mail if you can tell me what movie that's from. 

I really like the idea of that unexpected gift at an unexpected time! In fact it seems to be popping up all over the place this week (how unexpected). A friend just wrote on Facebook that for the last four or five years her family has received an Easter basket on their doorstep and they truly have no idea who it is from. This is so cool! And today a friend had the water service guy in her office bring her a coffee - how sweet! I brought someone special a soy cinnamon dulce this week too (although she knew I was dropping it off but she loved it just the same)! Which had me thinking about putting up my own Facebook post and asking all of my friends what their favourite coffee shop beverages of choice are...so maybe one day I can surprise them (so many different options)! Okay, I might just do that!

Oh and how could I forget this! My sister-in-law came by with these beauties for me! I mean one for each of us. They were delicious and fun. Thank you!

An unexpected gift!

On the news there has been a push in the last 48 hours for people to become organ donors in my little corner of the world. One of the ultimate unexpected gifts and at an unexpected time. My husband and I have been donors for years (although him longer than me). I somehow had this irrational fear about it (darn movies and urban legends) but I got over it and saw all the good it can do for others and that was the most important. Congrats if you are one and if you aren't...what are you waiting for?

Mail is super cool but the random drop off...a little gift to make someone's day - on their desk, doorstep, windshield...maybe they need some encouragement, some love or just because. Feel free to write a little note to go with it (always working the mail angle - haha). Not sure what to drop off? A favourite hot beverage or a $5 gift card so they can pick, chocolate (this is always good, unless you are allergic of course, but try to find out what their favourites are...dark, milk, peanut butter, sea salt...with bacon...oh yes that is a thing and so good), actually any favourites of anything (snack, cookie, lotion, bubble bath, candle), flowers, a good book and so on...

Share the love!

767/1000 4 new ones (and one is a birthday package for Piper's pen pal)!

No comments: