Thursday, November 7, 2013

Another Look

Are you just tuning in and 
wondering what my blog is all about? 

First of all - welcome! It's cool to have readers from countries all over the world (Norway, Germany, Australia, Ukraine, Poland, South Korea, & Saudi Arabia to name a few). It is really amazing to me that a little challenge I gave myself in 2010 has reached so many people far and wide. I'm really enjoying the creative outlet and the push to connect with people via letters and the Internet world.

Here are the basic deets...

I've always been a fan of mail and a very serious letter writer. I challenged myself to send out 1000 paper letters (packages, post cards, just all around personal mail) to friends, family and in some cases, strangers. I like where it has taken me personally so far and I hope that maybe I'm inspiring a little letter writing in others and perhaps some kindness acts as well - these are my passions.

For a more thorough picture - check out my very first post from January 2010 aptly named 

Hello!

I've had a couple of friends find my blog for the first time in the last week. So I decided to go back reread all of my entries and imagined what it was like to be seeing them for the first time. It was kind of a neat reading journey. It reminded me why I took on my challenge and why I keep sharing it with others. It's always good to self-evaluate and check in to see how things are going.

And to those who have been with me for a while - thanks for joining me, encouraging me and sending me some very cool mail along the way (you get me, you really do).

Advent Calendar Monday happened for the first time this week and that was exciting. It also coincided nicely with my birthday (love it when a plan comes together...if you get this reference it might be a clue to how many years I've been writing letters now - lol). We had a dinner of appetizers (my favourite, really I could survive on appetizers alone) with family and had a lovely time.  I have to share one of the coolest gifts I received (from my husband who totally gets me) and I can't believe I have never seen this before...

Uppercase: a magazine for the creative and the curious

The Stationery Issue - Spring 2013!

I'm totally in love with this! It comes out quarterly and runs about $18 per issue. It's even Canadian - based out of Calgary! I've already marked a thousand pages (I might be prone to hyperbole here due to extreme happiness). Remember I mentioned on Monday that I rip up magazines? I do this for ideas, to make things, and to reuse before I recycle. I will not be ripping up this amazingly beautiful magazine. The thickness of the pages...oh I could go on but it would be better to enjoy an issue rather than me go on and on about it. 

Are you creative? Are you curious? Check out Uppercase - it really is quite lovely. 

557/1000 a couple for the count!





No comments: