Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snow Mail!

December is almost here...so I'm sure you all have your advent calendars ready to go (tee hee). Hopefully, my Advent Calendar Mondays got you a little excited or inspired to get in a festive mood. I know December can be a stressful month so do your best to stop and appreciate the little things. I know the joy the advent calendar brings in my house (so much excitement in the morning!) what will it be for you? I know we will also make jam from summer apricots, make birdseed ornaments for the tree in our yard, drive around and look at all the houses with lights (and yell, "Christmas House" every time we see one - under direct orders from my daughter), and decorate a gingerbread house (actually, a carousel...new in stores this year I think - Piper's pick).

Family Gingerbread Party 2012

Actually today we made snow! It's been a beautiful sunny, but cold, day here in the Pacific Northwest. We don't get a lot of snow but we got something very cool in the mail last week.

Thank you Auntie Jenna!

And not only was it so fun to receive, it was sent in a paper-lunch-bag-made-envelope with washi tape to pretty it up and seal it up (I wish I'd taken a picture of it before we opened it but I let Piper have it as soon as I checked the mail). Add "snow" to your list of cool things to send in the mail (with just a regular stamp too).

It's always an exciting month at the mailbox for cards and notes and packages. I need to get going on my own stack so I can send them out next week. I love picking out gifts for my friends and family,  and making them too. In fact, my nieces' gifts this Christmas are all handmade (I may post about this later...but top secret stuff right now).  I also love to wrap (crazy right). Seriously I should hire out my services (but I do make a big mess).  

In the quiet moments (usually after children have gone to bed) I love curling up on my couch, with a steaming cup of tea, taking in the beauty of the Christmas tree & the Nativity, the sense of calm and if there were gentle snowflakes falling from the sky it might just be perfect.

Find your perfect moment and make it happen - it is a season of joy, let yourself be joyful.

564/1000 one penpal letter going out but look out for Christmas cards adding to the count next week!

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!



No comments: