Saturday, November 16, 2013

Paper and Crayons

     Drawings and pictures and journals and books and treasure maps...I have a drawing maniac over here right now! It's really neat to watch how excited my daughter is about creating because she always used to say, "You draw it," if we suggested drawing anything. And suddenly a switch has been flipped because she is constantly asking for paper (which I am happy to give but seriously need to up my supply). She started out with monsters but now she is working on hearts (and doing a pretty darn good job of them I have to say - may need to hire her as a freelancer for my Valentine's cards), houses, trains, castles, crowns, whatever strikes her fancy. She likes to make books of her drawings and stories as well (which she used to do with stickers but now does all her own illustrations - lol).

A small collection.

Speaking of amazing handmade drawings. My daughter received a hand delivered piece of mail from her friend Andy. So sweet - he knocked on our door (sadly Piper was not home) and dropped it off with my hubby. Piper was pretty excited to open it when she got home. It contained a very cool drawing on a piece of cloth!





Here is a little mail she's made in return - love it! It will be on its way shortly!


Christmas is getting close (at least it suddenly feels that way!). If you have any children on your list think about crayons and paper (simple but wow, the things they can do with them...endless and dare I say, priceless!). In fact, crayons and paper for everyone on your list - there is something incredibly relaxing about picking up a crayon and doing a little doodling. People with kids have an excuse and opportunity to do this all the time so if you don't have kids or your kids aren't 'crayon colouring age' anymore go buy yourself a new pack (fresh tips, untouched, brand new colours to do with what you will). Not embarrassed to say I even have my own colouring book (hands off kids!) because it gives me an excuse to sit still every so often. I quite enjoy a new pack of pencil crayons as well.

Of course, stationery, pens and postage are always great gifts too. What kind of mail blog would this be if I didn't mention that!

561/1000 - 4 important pieces - some may include crayon drawings...

No comments: