Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Artists on the loose!

This past weekend I went away with my husband's family for a little ski
getaway and in between skiing and skating and tubing I commissioned three artists (my nieces - 5, 7, and 8) to work on some envelopes for me. This is a great way to make your envelopes stand out and if you have your own children give them licence to colour the mail. Or let your own creative juices spill out onto the page and doodle away - how fun for the postal workers! You could even give them a little shout out, "Hello, mailperson - you are doing an awesome job! Thank you for helping this letter get from A to B." A great way to make someone's day :) 

Just a short one to say - get the crayons out!



I think my sister-in-law, Jenna (a.k.a. Mom of above artists), did this one. Love it!







On a side note: Every Christmas I put a Christmas card in my mailbox, addressed "mailcarrier" that thanks them for delivering all of my mail and I slip in a $5. Starbucks card :) It's the little things.

Two local thank you notes (Delta, Surrey)
22/1000

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Great ideas, Erin! I love it! "Back in the day" I spent vast amounts of time dolling up my envelopes. You've given me the bug again and (odd, but) I happen to know a set of artists, age 5, 7, 8 and 29 as well. Maybe they'd do a second set? ;)

Anonymous said...

love your idea's. love your pictures!