Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


I hear footsteps on my stairs, the doorbell rings and then, I think, someone running down the stairs or jumping? Nicky, Nicky Nine Doors? (or is it Knicky, Knicky Nine doors?) Either way, I peer through my peephole and no one is around, not even a single niece hiding in the very corners of my front porch with a shoe or scooter giving her up...hmmmm.



Ever so cautiously I crack the door to solve this mystery and lo and behold I see something tucked under the corner of my snowflake welcome mat (note to self - time to put away Christmas welcome mat). I swing the door back and scoop it up in delight - a package! a package! a package! Now, had I been a little bit more together, I would have taken a photo of said package under door mat for this post but alas, I was caught up in the glory of a brown paper wrapped parcel that was hand addressed to me, that had traveled all the way from the breathtakingly amazing Norway ~ and I knew this even before I saw the stamps or the return address because I recognized the handwriting (so cool). I ripped it open :)


Nothing cooler than crazy awesome chocolate bars from other countries.


In fact, these ones taste like those bugle snacks - does anyone remember those savoury delights? Maybe they are still around but they remind me of parties from my youth and by that I mean, house parties my parents had when I was little. Yummy! So while there were other equally amazing gifts wrapped up in that box I thought I would share these sweet joys with you.  And hey, if you are thinking of sending a package to someone across the world, consider sending candy/chocolate that is only made in your country and not available anywhere else - it is such a wonderful but simple gift to share.

Thanks Bente - you are a rockstar!

No comments: