Monday, January 4, 2010

The Post Office

I love the post office! This is where the magic happens - there is something amazing about writing a letter, adding a stamp, putting it in the slot and letting it go out into the world, knowing that shortly someone will have a little piece of me, of conversation, of love. But it's not just the service but all of those beautiful stamps and the stories they tell. What character they add to a postcard or an envelope! They are one of my favourite things about getting mail from other countries too.


So you have may have guessed that I have been a fairly regular customer of the post office my whole life but since I gave birth to my sweet little girl, Piper, 9 months and 10 days ago (hmmm...who's a new mom?) I've been  to the post office so much - getting out for a walk, sending birth announcements, photos, Christmas cards & packages - that I am, actually, on a first name basis with the post office lady. She's lovely and sweet and she always talks to Piper. It really makes it even more of a joy to go.

(My Aunt took this awesome photo of Piper)


So today I'm starting off with a bang - 6 pieces of mail (4 postcards, 2 letters with some pre-Christmas photos),  heading local (Delta, Surrey), out of province (Edmonton, Calgary), stateside (Iowa), and international (Norway). Thought I'd get a range out there.



Letters mingle souls - John Donne


2 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Yay! You go girl! Such a cutie pie of a little girl

Erin said...

Thanks ClayItAgain! It's nice to see you outside of the non-responsive thread :)